Gain function, mobility, and strength after surgery, injury or illness with Alomere Health Rehabilitation Services. Our group of specialty trained and certified speech-language pathologists, occupational and physical therapists treat a wide range of dysfunctions across the lifespan. Whether addressing developmental delay, sports injury, post-operative recovery, illness or age challenges, our therapists create individualized therapy programs designed to maximize your potential.
For more information about Rehabilitation Services or to schedule an appointment, call us at 320.762.6079.
Available Rehabilitation Services
Occupational therapy (OT) helps people across the lifespan do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Our experienced occupational therapists work to enable people of all ages live life to its fullest by helping them prevent, or live better with, injury, illness or disability.
Occupational therapy specialties include:
- driveABILITY program (driveABILITY link)
- Hand and upper extremity rehabilitation
- Pre & Post-surgical care
- Arthritis pain and dysfunction
- Nerve injury
- Custom orthosis (splint) fabrication
- Lymphedema therapy (Lymphedema link)
- Neuro rehabilitation
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Concussion ( concussion link)
- Visual deficits
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cognitive deficits
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Pediatrics (peds services link)
- Work rehabilitation (Work Rehab link)
- Work conditioning
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Work station evaluations
At Alomere Health, our physical therapists provide a variety of interventions and hands-on techniques to improve function, decrease pain, and improve mobility. Our therapists work with you on a one-on-one basis to analyze your functional ability, educate you on your injury, and design an individualized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals. Our goal is to help you recover quickly and achieve the highest level of function with the best possible outcome.
Our group of specialty trained and certified physical therapists treat a wide range of dysfunctions. PT treatment specialties include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Balance & Falls Prevention
- Neurological conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Orthopedic & sports
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Acute & chronic pain
- Arthritis pain
- Temporal Mandibular Dysfunction (TMD)
- Spine (neck, mid back & low back)
- Arthritis & Degenerative disorders
- Acute or chronic spine pain
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Whiplash injuries
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Pelvic health
- Pediatric conditions
Our certified physical therapists offer these specialized treatments:
- Dry Needling
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- LSVT BIG treatment for Parkinson’s
- Manual therapy techniques
Alomere Health offers inpatient and outpatient speech and swallowing services from licensed and certified speech-language pathologists. Speech-language pathologists work with individuals across the lifespan, from birth through adulthood. Individuals may need speech therapy for a variety of reasons, including:
- Articulation(speech) disorders (e.g., difficulty with the correct pronunciation of sounds)
- Language disorders (e.g., difficulty understanding or expressing language)
- Cognitive deficits (e.g., difficulty with attention, memory problem-solving, or reasoning)
- Swallowing difficulties (e.g, difficulty chewing or swallowing food and/or liquids)
- Fluency disorders (e.g., stuttering or cluttering)
- Voice disorders (e.g., chronic hoarseness, loss of voice, laryngectomy)
- Autism (e.g., addressing social skills and appropriate use of eye contact)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) (e.g., communication devices for those who can’t speak on their own)
- Feeding difficulties (e.g., failure to thrive, poor weight gain, pocketing)
Specific Programs offered through our Speech Therapy Department include:
- Beckman Oral Motor Program
- SOS Pediatric Feeding Program
- Lee Silverman Voice Training (LSVT)
- Video Swallow Studies (available from birth through adulthood)
- Vital Stim [neuromuscular stimulation (NMES) of swallowing musculature]
To initiate services, we require a physician’s order. For more information on the Speech Therapy services, or to make an appointment, call (320)762-6079.
Alomere Health Rehab Services
Alomere Health Rehabilitation Services is available to serve your needs at the YMCA.
Offering adult and pediatric aquatic therapy.
Other Rehab Services offered at the YMCA include treatment for:
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Spine and Extremity Conditions
- Manual Therapy
- Balance Difficulties
- Parkinsons (LSVT Loud & LSVT Big)
Contact Alomere Health Rehab Services at the YMCA for more information.
Alomere Health Rehab Services at the YMCA
110 Karl Drive NW
Alexandria, MN 56308
Alomere Health has the only program between Minneapolis and Fargo to provide comprehensive driver evaluations in their entirety by licensed occupational therapists.
The driveABILITY program offers services for:
- Drivers who have experienced an illness or injury
- Older drivers who want to make sure they are still able to drive safely
- New drivers who need more than traditional driver's training
Lymphedema is a condition that is characterized by chronic swelling of an extremity, including the arm or leg, but can occur in the breast or trunk region. The affected area may feel heavy or full and you may experience a decrease in movement. Additional symptoms include a dull ache or a feeling of tightness in the affected limb. This condition can be caused by a surgery that includes removal of lymph nodes or radiation/trauma to a lymph node area. Lymphedema may develop days, months or years after the surgery, trauma or an infection has taken place.
Our Approach to Lymphedema Management:
- Evaluation completed by a certified Lymphedema Therapist
- Manual lymphatic drainage techniques: A gentle massage technique used to redirect lymphatic fluid to the healthy lymph nodes
- Compression therapy: Special bandages are used to provide support and prevent fluid build up
- Exercise: Decongestive exercises are performed by the patient to help further reduce swelling while compression is in place
- Extensive patient education: Patients are instructed on skin care, massage, bandaging, exercises, and garment instruction to help manage their lymphedema independently in their home
For more information about Alomere Health's Lymphedema Program or to schedule an appointment, contact Rehab Services at 320-762-6079.
Pediatric Rehabilitation and Feeding
Pediatric rehabilitation at Alomere Health offers an array of comprehensive services including occupational, physical and speech therapy. Our team of highly skilled rehabilitation therapists collaborates with children and their caregivers to design goals and implement services to meet each child's unique needs.
Alomere Health now offers a comprehensive pediatric feeding program for children from birth to eighteen years of age who have feeding and eating difficulties. This program integrates sensory, motor, oral, behavioral, medical, and nutritional factors when evaluating and treating children with feeding difficulties. The SOS Approach focuses on teaching children to interact with food in a playful, non-stressful way while leaming the basic rules of eating.
For more information about our feeding program or to request an evaluation, please contact Rehab Services at Alomere Health at 320-762-6079.
Return To Work Program
The Return to Work Program focuses on injury prevention in the workplace and assisting injured individuals to return to work. An individual may undergo a Functional Capacity Evaluation which determines his/her physical tolerance and establishes work-related abilities.
The Return to Work Program offers the following:
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Conditioning
- On-site job analysis
- Industry Consultation and Pre-work Screenings