Billing & Insurance
Have questions? Just ask.
Billing & Insurance
Have questions? Just ask.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Fees for services rendered at Alomere Health, Alexandria Clinic, Lakes E.N.T., and Heartland Orthopedic Specialists will be compiled into one convenient monthly statement. Fees for services rendered by anesthesiologists, oncologists, and other physicians will be sent directly from their billing offices.
Full payment is due and payable upon receipt of the first statement. Payment plans may be approved by an Account Services Representative for patients unable to pay in one installment. Self-pay balances remaining due after 30 days are subject to a finance charge of 6% per annum.
Alomere Health is not required to accept patient-initiated payment arrangements and may refer accounts to a collection agency if patient is unwilling to make acceptable payment arrangements or has defaulted on an established payment plan.
Please present your health insurance information and identification cards upon admission for care. Co-pays are payable on the day of service. Pre-payment is required for services that are deemed to be not medically necessary by insurance plans, and for uninsured patients.
Before receiving services, please check with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card to verify whether services provided would be processed “in network” or “out of network”.
Uninsured patients will receive an uninsured discount for medically necessary services. Payments are due upon receipt unless other arrangements have been made.
Those in need of care for which they are unable to pay may partner with our Account Services Representatives. Our team of professionals is ready and willing to help you complete applications for assistance. Please let us know of your concerns as soon as possible so that we can explain the options available to help with your specific needs.
Financing & Financial Assistance
Zero-Interest Patient Financing: ClearBalance®
As a benefit to our patients, we offer the ClearBalance program to help you pay for the cost of services with Alomere Health. You can use ClearBalance to manage your out-of-pocket expenses, including deductibles and insurance co-payments, as well as for care at any Alomere Health facility. And you can combine all of your family’s medical bills at Alomere Health into one monthly statement and one manageable monthly payment.
- A zero-interest credit account for your services at Alomere Health
- Flexible payment terms
- No credit check
- Convenient online account management at myclearbalance.com
*Note: Revolving credit accounts are offered by MetaBank®, N.A., member FDIC. ClearBalance is a registered service mark of CSI Financial Services, LLC, which provides certain account servicing functions for the bank.
If you need help paying your bills, please contact our Account Services team. We can help you with the following services:
- Estimates of costs prior to service
- Pre-service payment options
- Financial counseling
- Questions or concerns regarding the billing
- Help making a payment or setting up a payment plan. (For patient convenience, we accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.)
- Help applying for financial assistance
- And more
In order to apply for financial assistance with Alomere Health, you must complete, sign, and submit this application form, including all supporting documents.
You can mail your application and supporting documents to:
Account Services Representatives
111 E. 17th Avenue, Alexandria, MN 56308
Or you can drop off your application and supporting documents in person at one of these locations:
- Alexandria Clinic
- Alomere Health
- Heartland Orthopedic Specialists
Services Eligible for Financial Assistance
Services eligible for financial assistance include services deemed medically necessary by Alomere Health. Patients who are uninsured or underinsured and have a household income between 100% and 244% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) or below may qualify for our financial assistance program. Uninsured patients will receive an uninsured discount on medically necessary services.
If your account is past due and has been sent to a collection agency, here’s what you can expect:
- In certain instances, we will not be able to honor your requests for appointments with Alexandria Clinic, Lakes E.N.T., or Heartland Orthopedic Specialists until the past due balances have been paid in full or resolved through our Community Uncompensated Care program.
- The collection agency may request authorization for legal handling.
- A claim may be submitted to the MN Revenue Recapture program where your future state income and property tax refunds, lottery winnings, and other income sources may be used to offset your debt, as allowed under the Revenue Recapture Act MN Statute 270A. The MN Department of Revenue will apply a $15 fee each time a refund is sent to us and will continue each year until your balance is paid in full.
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services require hospitals and health systems to post a comprehensive machine-readable file that shows the pricing of all items and services. The Standard Charges should include, the Gross Charge, the Discounted Cash Price, Payer-Specific Negotiated Charges, and the De-Identified Minimum and Maximum Negotiated Charges.
In compliance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement for Hospital Price Transparency, we provide this Excel document here: Price_Transparency_Final.csv.
In compliance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement to display shoppable services in a consumer-friendly format, we provide the links below. This includes the 70 shoppable service items that CMS requires, along with an additional 230 service items, for a total of 300. If you are a MyChart user, this information can be accessed within MyChart under the Get an Estimate tool, once you have logged into the system.
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance products have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may include bundled procedures, personnel, services, and supplies. An example would be room rates that include the space, equipment, nursing personnel, and supplies.
- When a patient has the opportunity to shop for medical services, he or she should contact his or her own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be the patients responsibility.
- Patients should contact the hospital directly for any further details.
“Alomere Health and all of its services comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Alomere Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.”
In Compliance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement, we provide this Excel Document, listing the top 25 codes over $25.00 for the Primary Care Clinics (Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, Gynecology or General Pediatrics).
No Surprises Act
Effective January 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act, which Congress passed as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, is designed to protect patients from surprise bills for emergency services at out-of-network facilities or for out-of-network providers at in-network facilities, holding them liable only for in-network cost-sharing amounts. The No Surprises Act also enables uninsured patients to receive a good faith estimate of the cost of care.
Machine Readable Files
To continue to comply with the Transparency in Coverage Act, Blue Cross and Alomere Health are providing the following link to the Blue Cross website that houses Machine Readable Files as required by the July 1, 2022 compliance date. The webpage contains:
- A link to our MRF pricing file(s)
- Contents explaining the MRF mandate
- Links to related government documentation on the MRF mandate
Blue Cross published Machine Readable File information: bluecrossmn.com/MRF
MHA Hospital Price Check
To learn more about hospital pricing, visit the Minnesota Hospital Association’s Hospital Price Check Page. You can search for both inpatient and outpatient procedures.