James E. Andrews Jr.
As a therapeutic neuromuscular specialist, I provide nonsurgical care focused on improving my patients’ muscular function and minimizing their functional pain. Through a variety of alternative interventions, including physical therapy and injection therapy, I am able to provide my patients with a thorough and accurate diagnosis and specialized treatment plan. I also manage spasticity through the use of Botox® for several FDA approved diagnosis.
As a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and with ongoing training, I constantly strive to offer the latest in therapeutic neuromuscular care to my patients. When I am not in clinic, I enjoy spending time with my wife and our three energetic children, who keep us running all over the state to hockey and basketball games. We also enjoy spending time at the lakes, fishing, and being outdoors.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree: Doctorate of Osteopathy, Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
- Internship: Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine, Largo, FL
- Residency: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Board Certification: American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Resident Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, Minnesota Medical Association
- Spinal Injections, Including:
- Lumbar Facet Joint Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trials
- Electrodiagnostic Studies
- Joint Injections
- Botulinum Toxin Injections
Learn more about Dr. Andrews or schedule an appointment here: https://www.heartlandorthopedics.com/doctors/james-e-andrews-jr-do